C++ Test Coverage Tool
The C++ Test Coverage tool enables the collection and display of code coverage data on C++ software source code bases of arbitrary size. It is a member of SD's family of Test Coverage tools.
C++ Test Coverage Features
- Available for a many C++ dialects: ANSI, GCC3/4, Microsoft VisualC++ 6, VisualStudio2005-2012. Handles C++11!
- Not dependent on compiler or specific object format
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can accumulate data from multiple test runs
tens of thousandsof files
- Extremely low probe overhead both in time and space; bit vector version for embedded systems
- Operations to combine Test Coverage data for unions, deltas, intersections
- Produces coverage report with summaries for the entire application, and for functions, classes, namespaces, files and subsystems by directories. An XML version of the report can also be produced.
- Test coverage collection can run on platform separate from Test Coverage tool
- User-customizable probe implementation/coverage data extraction enables operation with unusual embedded systems
The C++ Test Coverage tool has an intuitively simply display. It shows
- Possible test coverage vector (TCV) result files
- Selected/accumulated/computed TCV files
- List of files being tested for coverage
- Locations of probe points in files
- Browsable source text of file of current interest
- Covered/uncovered status of each probe point on file source text
- Summary statistics for percentage covered
Have a nonstandard dialect of C++ or a custom C++ compiler? Semantic Designs can economically configure a test coverage tool for it.
Semantic Designs also offers C++ Profiler Tools