PHP Test Coverage Tool
The PHP Test Coverage tool enables the collection and display of code coverage data on PHP software source code bases of arbitrary size. It is a member of SD's family of Test Coverage tools.
|Avaya uses PHP Test Coverage at many of their sites.|
PHP Test Coverage Features
- Available for PHP4, PHP5 and PHP7.
- Not dependent on PHP server configuration, nor XDebug (works with HipHop!)
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can accumulate data from multiple test runs
tens of thousandsof scripts
- Extremely low probe overhead both in time and space; can be used on live production software
- Syntax checks all involved PHP scripts; find syntax errors before your users do
- Operations to combine Test Coverage data for unions, deltas, intersections
- Produces coverage report by file, class and method. The same report is available as XML to enable custom report generation.
- Test coverage collection can run on platform separate from Test Coverage tool
The PHP Test Coverage tool has an intuitively simple display. It shows
- Possible test coverage vector (TCV) result files
- Selected/accumulated/computed TCV files
- List of files being tested for coverage
- Locations of probe points in files
- Browsable source text of file of current interest
- Covered/uncovered status of each probe point on file source text
- Summary statistics for percentage covered
Semantic Designs also offers PHP Profiler Tools