This page describes the various kinds of software support provided by SD, and how you can get support.
- Software Assurance option purchased with SD product
- Standard Support included with SD product purchase
- Valid for 1 year from date of purchase
- 3 business-day response to Support email
- Product patches or upgrades on submission of valid bug report
- Evaluation, Beta products and products outside of support period
- As-available response to Support email. No response time guarantee. As we are always interested in improving our products, you may get better response if you submit a bug report for a recent product or Beta.
If you can't install the software, be sure we want to help. Send a detailed description of your installation issue to email@example.com.
Different operating systems sometimes have unusual rules about where software and documentation are placed. If you can't find the product or the documentation after installation, you can see where your SD tool is placed on your OS.
Before asking for help, be sure you've checked the documentation carefully. If the documentation isn't adequate, we would very much like to have you submit a bug report so we can fix it.
General queries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The more information you provide about what problem you are trying to solve, the more effective our response will be.
Submitting Problem or Bug Reports
For bug reports, please provide the following information by email:
- Subject Line mentioning product and brief problem characterization
- Purchaser A clear indication of the product purchaser, or if you are evaluating a product. A return email address is fine if it is accurate. Email from parties that are not clearly customers may be delayed.
- Phone Number if you ask for telephone response
- Product Product Name, Version and Revision Number
- Registration Code if registered software, or your approximate date of purchase
- Problem Description A concise description of what you are attempting to do, and the symptom of the problem you see. We welcome reasonable speculation as the the problem cause.
- Problem Reproduction Data These would be attached files and scripts that SD can use to reproduce the problem. The smallest complete example you can provide will help minimize your turnaround time. If you must submit a proprietary file, be assured that SD will use what you submit only for diagnosing the problem, and that file will then be destroyed.