C++ Profiler Tool
The C++ Profiler tool enables the collection and display of execution profile data on C++ software source code bases of arbitrary size. It is a member of SD's family of Profiler tools.
C++ Profiler Features
- Available for a many C++ dialects: ANSI, GCC3/4, VisualStudio2005, or Microsoft VisualC++ 6.
Ask about C++11!
- Provides execution counts on basic blocks, or timing profiles on methods
- Not dependent on compiler or specific object format
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can accumulate data from multiple test runs
tens of thousandsof files
- Extremely low probe overhead both in time and space
- Produces profile report by with summaries for the entire application, and for functions, classes, namespaces, files and subsystems by directory. An XML version of the report can also be produced.
- Profile data collection can run on platform separate from Profile tool
- User-customizable probe implementation/coverage data extraction enables operation with unusual embedded systems
The C++ Profiler tool has an intuitively simply display. It shows
- Possible Profile Data (PFD) result files
- Selected/accumulated/computed PFD files
- List of files for which profile data is being collected
- Locations of probe points in files
- Browsable source text of file of current interest
- Execution counts and relative frequency of each probe point on file source text
- Color- and size- coded (hot is red and wide, cold is blue) overlay of frequency data on source code
- Summary statistics for each subsystem
Have a nonstandard dialect of C++ or a custom C++ compiler? Semantic Designs can economically configure a Profiler tool for it.
Semantic Designs also offers C++ Test Coverage Tools